In this MOOC talk, the linkage made between metaliteracy and media literacy can be concluded as the most controversial one (compared to the previous MOOC talks). Why might I sound slightly more opinionated than usual is because the topic about media itself is so broad that a lot of different intakes can be processed among individuals.
To begin with, Five Core Concept of Media Literacy
1. All media messages are constructed
2. Media messages are constructed using a creative language with its own rules.
3. Different people experiences the same message differently.
4. Media have embedded values and point of views.
5. Most media messages are organized to gain profit and/or power.
With all these concepts, it is only fair to keep in mind that media falls in between the consumer and creator. That the fundamental structure of news portrayed by the media is based on a cycle of endless adaptation which spreads in the global society.